Without a doubt, summer is the most popular season for Melbourne Weddings, and how beautiful is an outdoor summer wedding?. . . . . . But how much planning time goes into making sure it goes off without a hitch?Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
After making all the big decisions on where and when the wedding will be, who will be in the bridal party, who will be on the invite list, and of course, booking Black Tie Events as your MC DJ – there are a few other things you might like to think about . . . .
Six summer wedding suggestions to keep up your sleeve:
- Water, have plenty of water on hand – summer weddings in the stunning Melbourne sunshine are fantastic but the temperature can creep up quickly and guests ( and bridal party, celebrants, photographer etc.) can get a little hot under the collar while enjoying an outdoor ceremony. Having bottles of chilled water in a shady spot for guests to access is a simple and much-appreciated heat-beater.
- Make use of the shade – whether it’s shady trees, marquees, summer umbrellas, be sure to offer a space for your guests to retreat to if the heat gets too much.
- Decide on a dress code – three-piece suits and floor-length evening gowns are not your ideal attire for a summer outdoor wedding, sweaty, uncomfortable guests could soon put a dampener on your big day. Keep things cool and comfy with a relaxed dress code – by all means, encourage your guests to put in some effort with their outfit selection – Beach Formal, Semi-Formal, Classy-Casual or Beach-Cocktail might be some of the options you consider. (Remember the weather when choosing wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and groom/groomsmen’s outfits too!)
- Creative guest gifts or bonbonniere – are a great way to provide some summer essentials for your outdoor wedding. Think wedding-themed sunglasses, umbrellas/parasols, sunscreen, hand-held paper fans, flip-flops (for the dancefloor) and/or bug spray, not only will your guests appreciate the thought – they’ll be talking about your wedding and using your gifts for weeks and months to come.
- Hot and cold food – consider your menu choices in line with your location and the expected weather. A three-course roast dinner with all the trimmings and pudding for dessert might be a little heavy for summer. Grazing platters, icy-cocktails and ice creams for dessert might be better suited to a balmy summer evening.
- Have a backup plan – let’s face it, Melbourne weather is nothing if not unpredictable, so having a back-up plan is essential for an outdoor summer wedding. Being prepared for both 40-degree heat and snowfall is not as outrageous as it sounds! Work with your wedding venue and suppliers to consider options for the unexpected and give in to the fact Mother Nature is in control – and just roll with it!
At Black Tie Events MC and DJ in Melbourne our experienced team are always ready to roll with whatever challenges present themselves at our events. Contact Mark on 0400 447 552 to discuss your upcoming wedding or event – or send an enquiry online for an appointment.