These days the ‘rules’ around speeches at weddings are quite flexible. The list of speakers can blow-out quickly and it is certainly worth engaging the services of a professional MC DJ, like Black Tie Events, to help steer the night in the right direction.
The bridal couple may choose to present a single united speech or speak individually – in either case there are thank-you’s that must be included, and it is better to write a list than forget someone on the day.
The list of thank-you’s can also be divided between each of the speech givers. Let’s keep this simple and divide into three possible categories for who thanks who:
The parents of the Bride/Groom might thank:
- The guests – particularly those who’ve travelled a long way
- Their partners and new in-law counterparts – for helping to organising the day/ bringing up the bride/groom
- Friends and family members who have helped with the organisation of the day
The Best Man’s/Maid of Honour might thank:
- Their wedding party counterparts – for supporting the Bride/Groom
- The Bride/Groom – for asking them to be his best man/her maid of honour
The Bridal couple might thank:
- Their parents – for their speeches and their support in helping to organise the day
- Their guests – mentioning any elderly or ‘special’ guests, any special guests that couldn’t be there on the day.
- Their new in-laws for welcoming them into the family.
- Their partner – for asking/saying yes!
- Their own family – for raising them, helping to organise the wedding etc.
- The wedding party & any wedding day helpers – for their support and assistance leading up to and on the day of the wedding
- Any attending wedding guests who gifted any part of the wedding day to the bride & groom eg: If anyone gifted the wedding cake, invitations, flowers, wedding day cars etc.
You may overlap with some of the thank-you’s so it is worth discussing these before the big day and ensuring no one is forgotten.
Your list of thank you’s could go on for ever if you start thanking all the paid professionals you have worked with in the lead up to the big day – so perhaps just stick to thanking everyone who volunteered their time, support or services to help you have the best day possible.
At Black Tie Events in Melbourne, we understand the importance of making sure your special day runs as smoothly as planned, please contact Mark Girdwood today on 0400 447 552 to have all your MC & DJ needs taken care of.
Additionally, if you would like to make an inquiry visit our Contact Us page today