As experienced Melbourne MC DJs, Mark and the team at Black Tie Events have seen it all when it comes to wedding day dance floor numbers.
At the moment it might still be ‘on trend’ to have the bridal party ‘perform’ a choreographed dance routine, or for an impromptu flash mob number to explode onto the dance floor – and that’s always impressive and entertaining . . . . but sticking with some classic traditions might be more to your liking.
Having the Bride dance with her Dad, or that special someone who walked her down the aisle, is another lovely way to share a special moment and extend on the ‘giving away’ part of your big day. This dance might come before the Bridal couple’s first dance or at the end of the evening before the bridal couple depart the reception.
This special Father/Daughter dance might be a highly emotional experience or one of great celebration and happiness – for that reason there are a broad range of songs that might suit the occasion including:
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Little Ray of Sunshine – Brian Cadd
- Change the World – Eric Clapton
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- Daughters – John Mayer
In reality there are so many songs to choose from – and our extended song library is sure to have your favourite – but if you are stuck ask our Melbourne DJs for advice and recommendations, we’re always happy to help.