Would you like to plan an event, but have no idea where to start? It can be a daunting task, particularly if you’re a beginner. That’s why we have compiled a list to help get you started!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Define the purpose of the event – why do you want to plan the event? What do you wish to achieve through this event?
- Have a brainstorming session (solo or with a team) – using a whiteboard or a blank sheet of paper – put all of your ideas for the event out there. Don’t worry about the detail, just write everything down – you can sift through it later.
- Define and allocate your budget – this might require a bit of research into what things cost, i.e. the venue, catering, entertainment, marketing. Don’t forget to employ some negotiating skills.
- Set the date – ensuring that you allow yourself enough time to organize everything, including giving your guest adequate warning.
- Design a theme – get creative, but remember to keep the purpose in mind. Collect inspiration from magazines or online.
- Post-event – where possible, you might like to send out a thank you note to your attendees.
- Consider employing the services of an MC and/or DJ to help your event flow smoothly as well as providing the entertainment.
Planning can seem like an overwhelming and tedious task, but once you get over the first hurdle you’ll start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Remember to keep your purpose in mind, as this will help to keep you focused. It can also help to remain a bit flexible when executing your plans – adapt where necessary.
For events in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs, Black Tie Events’ Mark Girdwood is the professional and experienced MC and DJ to service your event. You can contact Mark today on 0400 447 552.