If you’re going to the trouble of putting together an event you’ll be wanting to create something special, something memorable (for the right reasons) – you’ll want to add that “certain something”.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
That thing that is undefinable to your guests, but leaves them wowed. Following are some ideas to help make that happen.
* Maintain a theme throughout the event – it helps with flow and consistency. This begins with the invitation. Try to be original in your theming – avoid clichés where possible.
* Consider the journey of your guests – are they travelling far to attend your event? If so, you may want to organize the convenience of transport and accommodation. You could also provide gifts for their stay.
* Provide a surprise element – this will help to prevent your event from feeling stale. Keep your event unique by creating your own rules and schedules. Find a unique way to layout the event, including the way you serve food and drinks. Surprise your guests by introducing different points of entertainment throughout your event – varying in length. Most important to creating that element of surprise is to keep as many details a secret as possible.
Some things you could add to your event include:
* Personalized gifts
* Employ a gourmet chef
* Provide a chauffeur service to and from the event, or a valet service
* Employ a professional MC to ensure everything runs smoothly
* Use a DJ to provide a seamless flow of music
* Create a time capsule of your event and encourage attendees to bring something to add
* Use paper invites, rather than digital
* Choose a grand or unique venue
* Think of unique entertainment – it could be silent entertainment that goes on in the background, such as some kind of performer (think dancer or cirque du soleil style)
* Videography /photos – perhaps filming during the event, or prior to be played during the event
* Confetti and balloon drop
Hopefully, these ideas have provided some inspiration for giving your next event that “certain something”.
For a professional Master of Ceremonies (MC) who will ensure that your event runs smoothly, contact Black Tie Events and get our experienced MC onboard. We also have a DJ for all of your musical needs.