Ask Your DJ
Your function is important, please don’t leave your entertainment to chance. When you consider the overall costs, is it worth saving a few dollars and risking the success of your function?
“We will start matching our competitors prices when they start matching our quality”
Remember! The three areas of your function that your guests will remember are:
THE FOOD – THE ENTERTAINMENT – THE SERVICE
When you are considering which DJ service to hire ask these important questions, and then Compare Us.
- Is the price of your DJ good value? The cheapest is rarely the best value. Review the value-added services that your DJ can provide, the quality of his equipment and his dedication to ensuring that you and your guests have a great time.
- Is your DJ a professionally trained Master Of Ceremonies? Are the services of a Master of Ceremony included within the quotation? What does your M.C. / DJ sound like over a microphone?
- Has your DJ been nominated for, or received any awards relating to his performance?
- Is your DJ willing to give you references from past clients and / or function centres and venues?
- Your DJ must carry a PPCA license to permit the public performance of music at all functions. Have you asked to see a copy of this insurance?
- Does your DJ carry Public Liability Insurance? What value is the cover? Have you asked to see a copy of this insurance?
- Is your DJ interactive or does he hide behind his equipment? Can he satisfy the musical needs of the different generations at your function?
- Does your DJ use quality professional equipment that not only performs well but also looks professional? Are audio and power cables taped down to prevent personal injury or damage to equipment?
- Is your DJ neatly groomed? Does your DJ dress appropriately for your function: dinner suit for formal functions, shirt and tie for informal functions?
- Does your DJ give you confidence and put you at ease? Do you think your requirements are a priority with him?
- Will your DJ play music appropriate to your function or the music he wants to hear? Does your DJ offer you and your guests Music Request Cards for your function?
- In addition to the “party music”, can your DJ provide classical / jazz / contemporary / etc styles for background / dinner music?
- In what style of venue does your DJ normally work? Would he complement working in a 5 star venue?
- Is your DJ flexible enough to change with your requirements during a function?
- Is your DJ an undiscovered comedian? Would he dare to introduce procedures not unauthorised by you?
- Does your DJ have a web site where you can get further information like testimonials, view equipment, updates on new services, etc?